José Lopez serves as Houston Regional Manager of Project Control. Jose has over 15 years of experience in project management. Fluent in Spanish, José’s excellent communication and problem solving skills help him build cohesive project teams while successfully managing the budget, schedule, change orders, and day-to-day activities of the design, construction, and move-in/close-out phases of a project.
José is experienced managing the construction of office buildings, warehouse space, commercial kitchens, religious facilities, residential, educational, sports facilities, and a variety of non-profit and commercial buildings. He has worked closely with numerous non-profits and understands how to work with committees, meet codes and requirements governing non-profit and commercial projects, and provides the utmost transparency in the use of funds.
Menil Drawing Institute Expansion and Central Plant / Houston, TX
José Lopez is serving on the Owner’s Representative team on behalf of the Menil Institute. As Owner’s Representative José oversees all activities on the project, attends all project related meetings, monitors budgets and schedules for conformance, coordinates sub-consultants, and other related duties.
- Houston Food Bank/Houston, TX
- St. Martin’s Church Campus Expansion/Houston, TX
- St. Francis South Campus Master Plan/Houston, TX
- Rice University Tudor Fieldhouse Arena/Houston, TX
- Rice University Recreation Center/Houston, TX
- USAA Campus Renovation/San Antonio, TX
- University of Texas, San Antonio BSL3 Research Lab/San Antonio, TX
- Lackland Air Force Base Housing/San Antonio, TX
- ATT Center (Home of the Spurs)/San Antonio, TX
- Macy’s Renovation and Expansion/San Antonio, TX
Bachelors of Science (BS) Degree in Construction Science/Management Texas A&M University
Masters of Art (MA) Degree in Theology St. Mary’s University
Corp of Engineers Quality Control Training
MC2: ICE 2000 Certified
Neighborhood Centers, Inc., Baker Ripley Center: Former Advisory Board Vice Chair and Promise Neighborhood Advisory Board Member